This Privacy Statement is issued by MR PHONEWORDS and its related entities and may be updated from time to time.
MR PHONEWORDS is subject to amendments made to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (Cth) (the "Privacy Act") effective as at 21 December 2001 which deal with the way personal information is collected, used, disclosed and maintained.
MR PHONEWORDS is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and to handling this information in accordance with the Privacy Act. To that end, MR PHONEWORDS has adopted the National Privacy Principles ('NPPs") as its privacy standard. You may obtain a copy of the NPPs from the Federal Privacy Commission's website at www.privacy.gov.au by following the appropriate links.
Exception in relation to employee records: MR PHONEWORDS is not bound by the NPPs in relation to MR PHONEWORDS handling of an employee record, if the treatment is directly related to the current or former employment relationship between MR PHONEWORDS and the employee.
What is "personal information"?
'Personal information' is generally defined under the Privacy Act 1988 to mean information or an opinion (whether true or not, and no matter how it is stored) about an individual whose identity is able to be ascertained from that information or opinion.
What information do we collect from you, and how do we collect it.
We collect information from individuals in the following ways:
- Website: Your details are sent to us when you send a query via our enquiry form.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to:
- Register your holdings in our securities, and send you communications in relation to those holdings;
- Send you information about our latest promotions;
- Contact you in response to your queries;
- Maintain and update our website.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties:
- Personal information about you which is maintained and used by our share registry provider is held subject to the Privacy Act.
- Management and security of personal information held by MR PHONEWORDS.
- MR PHONEWORDS has appointed a Privacy Officer to oversee MR PHONEWORDS management of personal information in accordance with this policy.
- Personal information we hold about you is protected by password and other security measures.
- Only MR PHONEWORDS personnel and third party contractors who need access to this information to perform their business tasks will be given access to your personal information.
- If practicable, you can contact and deal with us on an anonymous basis, and no personal information will be collected about you in those anonymous transactions.
How do you correct or gain access to personal information held about you by 1300 PHONEWORDS?
- You can, in most cases, gain access to personal information we hold about you. If you believe we hold inaccurate or out-of-date information about you, we will endeavour to correct or update the information once our internal security procedures have been met.
- Please contact us should you wish to gain access to, correct or update any personal information 1300 PHONEWORDS holds about you
How do you contact us regarding comments, concerns or complaints about Privacy?
- You may contact us by phone on and ask to speak to the Privacy Officer.
The Privacy Officer
1300 PHONEWORDS Pty Ltd
PO BOX 228